Enjoy your free time!
TAKE PART IN OUR SOCIAL ACTIVITIES AND MEET OTHER STUDENTS
Improve your English outside the classroom! Our staff organise regular events. Some of these are free to attend, such as quiz evenings and cream tea. Others may run in conjunction with one of our third party providers – They are extremely experienced in organising all the fun activities and cultural excursions around the area and beyond. Costs vary between £10 and £100 for both guided tours and weekends away. There is something available for all budgets as well as for everyone’s taste!
Sample activity programme:
- “Welcome to Bournemouth” tour on arrival - You will be introduced to Bournemouth and its most recognized spots by our staff. They know the town very well and will help you to quickly find your way around.
- Cream tea – The English invented tea time and we want you to enjoy this wonderful tradition too. Enjoy delicious scones, jam and cream with a nice cup of tea.
- Pub quiz - British people love to meet up in the pub to catch up over a drink. We like to take learning outside of the classroom to show you more about British culture. We often go out for a pub quiz or a karaoke night.
- Sport activities (table tennis, mini golf, volleyball etc.) Bournemouth is a seaside town so… why not try a game of beach volley when the sun is shining?
- International food party - Just as you want to learn more about our culture, we are interested in yours. Our international food parties are a great opportunity to learn more about each other. Bring a typical dish from your country or prepare it at the school Bistro! Then eat, drink and have a wonderful time!
Explore on your own
Our school is 10 minutes from Bournemouth's award-winning golden beaches. We love to go there to play games on the beach or just relax by the sea.
Bournemouth has beautiful surrounding countryside. We organise trips to places close to Bournemouth such as the stunning Old Harry Rocks or the neighbouring town of Swanage.
Bournemouth has many spectacular annual events, delighting visitors year after year, from the adrenaline-filled Bournemouth Air Festival to relaxing outdoor music performances at the Bandstand, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Beside pubs, Bournemouth offers fantastic nightlife with many clubs, karaoke bars, theatres and cinemas. As Bournemouth is a very cosmopolitan town, you can find all kinds of cuisine as well as British dishes.
What about a Road Trip?
Go on a trip with one of the many tour operators based in Bournemouth and discover the UK at the weekends. Bournemouth is ideally located to visit places such as London, Oxford and Windsor Castle. You can even organise trips to Paris, Amsterdam and many other places direct from Bournemouth. You can book a trip with them at our reception and we will give you all the information you require.
Great news! You don’t have to go to London every time you want to go shopping. Bournemouth has many British and international shops where you can buy souvenirs, clothes, accessories and beauty products to suit all tastes and budgets. What is more, Southampton and Portsmouth are the nearest big cities with major shopping centres. Why not enjoy a day trip there too?